Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Follow up to "It Only Takes One" :Update

Follow up to "It Only Takes One" :Update

Current mood:amused

The girl who was singing onstage the night of the incident I wrote about just sent me an email. Here is an excerpt:

OH! You're not gonna believe this!! Guess who I saw in Jacksonville?? That STUPID DRUNK from the other night!! He and his "talented" band, ****** **** ****, played at this Battle of the Bands thing. I only ended up there because my friends, Severed Existence, were entered in it and even though I HATE that kind of music, they ARE my friends so I figured I'd show my support! Anyway, I had JUST walked in the building when who do you think is the FIRST person I see?? He comes up to me and says, "Hey, remember me??" My first response was, "OH, PLEASE NO!! Don't tell me that YOUR band is playing tonight!!" Unfortunately they were and he apologized to me for being such a jerk. That's ok. I STILL thought he was a JERK and I made sure that he KNEW that I still thought that, too. He gave me "permission" to grab his mic if I wanted to. Referring to his obnoxious growling, I politely said, "No thanks, man,........I ate a coughdrop on the way here." He didn't think that was very funny so he walked away!! What made it even funnier is that MY friends were the band that WON! They won a 1000-hr recording session with the studio which was holding the contest!!

Just made me smile this morning, LOL! Have a great day, and hold your mic tight!

No comments: