Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 6, 2005

Give It Away Now

Give it away now...

Current mood:pleased

Humming that Chili peppers song...LOL! THAT should be my Christmas Carol because that is what the season evokes...giving. Not out of necessity or obligation...sometimes it just feels good to give.

I dont have much spirit...even less this year for a lot of reasons. I have a hard time getting the warm and fuzzies. So yesterday I stepped to the plate to do something I wanted to do, not what I was obligated to do.

I wanted to get a bike for a needy child. I stopped by one of the Salvation Army trees and took off a tag for an 11year old boy who needed a bike. Got him a nice bmx style bike. Gonna drop it off on my way to lunch today.

I am not bragging, my point is, to encourage each of you to commit a random act of giving this week and each week up to Christmas with no expectations of reward or merit. I will bet you will find more spirit than you thought. That might be worth the price of a bike to me.

No comments: