Blog Archive

Friday, February 5, 2010

Bad Business 101

Phone conversation of me calling a business...

THEM: Hello?

ME: Uh, yes is this ****** ****** Service?

THEM: Yeah

ME: Oh...say, I found one of your signs off your trucks in the road and saved it. I know how much they cost and thought you might like it back.

THEM: Oh yeah, thought I saw it go missing.

ME: Well, I live at ********* and have it here if you want it. THere is an old white van in my driveway, I will just put the sign on my van so you can come get it anytime.

THEM: OK.

ME: BTW, since I have your number here...I am wondering, do you sell (INSERT BIG TICKET ITEM)??

THEM: Yeah.

ME: I am in the immediate market for one...if you want to give me a price, perhaps we can do some business.

THEM: OK.

ME: Alright then...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never took my name, verified my number or address. I still have the sign and am still anxious to spend money on something that will be close to $1000 dollars or more that he will not be a viable candidate for. Tsk Tsk.

1 comment:

Elizabeth I. Dougherty said...

People today think that business will come to them instead of working for the business. It is a shame that they don't put any effort into it and then wonder why it fails.

Every generation trys to make it easier for the future one and previous generations have made it so easy for the next generation that they feel entitled. This is not the case people. If you want something get off your duff and work for it.

Businessmen such as you posted get exactly what they deserve, NOTHING! But you know as well as we all do when his business fails it will be anyone else's fault but his.