Blog Archive

Friday, May 18, 2007

Milestone Anniversary For Harryoke

Current mood:accomplished

May 19 (Saturday) marks the anniversary of my professional career as HARRYOKE! I landed on Flagler Beach with my trailer full of goodies on May 19, 1999, and have not left yet, 2180 shows later!

Hard to believe! Was going over my calendar and realized that this week marks my 8th year serving Flagler with the Harryoke show. It seems like yesterday that I started at Finnegans and Mothers. I have worked at both of those venues continuously since 1999!!

I also had the privelege to work at the old Damn Yankee (now Fishermans Net), Peggys Place (now JTs), Henrys at the Harborside Resort, The former Ocean Deck Cafe (now the Iron Boot), The Shark House and Smiles...along with other venues in the Daytona, DeLand and Orlando areas.

I always laugh about my time at the Iron Boot, because I worked Fridays there for a long time, and went thru like 4 owners and multiple renovations... The only common denominator was that I was there on Friday night at 8...regardless of who worked, owned the building or where the doors or windows moved to, LOL! Anyone who spent anytime at the old Peggys shows has some stories to tell as well.

The only time I ever left a job was either because it was sold and closed, closed for other reasons, or to take a better position! Not a bad record!

My thanks to all of you who have supported me and my show since 99, and allowed me to conduct business full time and make a living. I could not do it without you!

I have made some very close and wonderful friends thru this life path who have changed my life in many ways, and I am looking forward to meeting more and more as the next years go by!

THANKS FRIENDS!!!

Harry

www.harryoke.com

www.myspace.com/harryoke

No comments: