Blog Archive

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Got stoned at home today...and had a visitor.

Got stoned at home today...and had a visitor.

Current mood:accomplished

Those who know me well know I have been getting my house in order...got a nice new paint job, and trying to tighten up a few loose ends appearance wise and fix some things left neglected.

Today's project was planting junipers in the flower beds in front of the house and filling them with red lava rock. It took 20 bags of rock and 22 bags of topsoil to complete! Just loading and unloading the materials was enough work, but Lori and I are both sore and tired, and I imagine I will be hurting tomorrow.

There are a lot of stones around the house, some getting grown over, so I took a bunch of them up and created another patio area in front of the driveway. This will help keep dirt off the house when it rains now, a new problem since I trashed the old gutters. I will have to post some piccys soon to show off the work...

While on the way out of the house to get the materials, a kind woman stopped and was looking at the house and said she used to live there. It happened to be the woman I bought the house from. She lives in Vermont, so I never actually met her. I have had occasion to get to know her son, who is a friend of Loris daughter, but we never got to meet.

We invited her in and showed her what we had done to the place and she told us about some of the history of the house...both archetectural and spiritual. As Lori noted, she came in a stranger, and left a friend. I had always wanted to contact her, but never got a round to it. It was a pleasant surprise for her to show up, and I am so thankful she stopped in.

Now, gonna go lick my wounds and drink Canadian beer...til tomorrow beckons.

No comments: