Blog Archive

Thursday, September 27, 2007

RESPECT THE PONY: Observation? Rant...Warning? Pet Peeve!

Observation? Rant...Warning? Pet Peeve!

Current mood:aggravated

When I get peeved, I find a blog lets off a little steam...no, this is not about glitter, that is another blog, but this is an issue I feel almost as strongly about.

People...just because one has a ponytail does not give one license to pull it. If you are in an intimate surrounding with a long haired person, then maybe all bets are off, but in a public setting, PLEASE dont pull ponytails or get the wearers attention by dragging them by the ponytail backwards.

The ponytail is first, a body appendage, and second a decoration. You should no more pull me to you by my hair then you would any other appendage. Even grabbing one by the arm and pulling them to you is rude, but to do it with ones hair is another level of assholatry altogether. You dont pull me to you by my hair, and I wont pull you to me by your boobs, or cock.

The best aggravation can be likened to wearing a tie. A tie takes a bit of effort to get a good knot, then a little effort to keep it aligned and straight and comfortable. A ponytail is the same animal...you have to get it straight and centered, then comfortable to your head...not too tight, and not too loose. When someone then "affectionately" pulls you to them, it is like grabbing ones tie and pulling them to you...then the tie is all disheveled, the knot is way too tight and off center, and they have to walk away from you and greet the world with a disheveled appearance, much to their dismay. A ponytail works the exact same way.

Sure, accidents happen when you interface with people and that can be overlooked. People will touch or stroke your hair and that is completely fine...but if your handling of my hair makes me stop in my tracks, puts my neck in an unnatural angle or leaves my coif looking like I just got out of bed, you have crossed a line.

Treat the ponies with respect my peeps...and never wear glitter. LOL.

No comments: