Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Burn Baby Burn

Burn Baby Burn - This Ones For Diane

Current mood:satisfied

If there is anything more cathartic than a bonfire, I dont know what it would be. Take all of the things you dont need, dont want or hate and burn them...watch them burn. Feed your inner pyro. You will feel better for it.

I live in an area where I can burn. I learned instead of packaging yard waste and sending it to the dump, to burn it. There is a catharsis in seeing all these heaps of unwanted rubbish and greenery turn to powdery ash. There is reward in the enjoyment of the flames and the process of consumption. When I go for the long burn, I add in all my shreddable documents and anything else I can find...medical bills, mortgage docs, whatever...what you drop in will cease to exist. That can be good karma.

I burn in my backyard, but recently created a pit in the front yard on the stump and root ball of a hurricane felled oak. I had to clear debris away from the house and burn all the tree trimmings, vines and other growth. The stump has been smouldering for 3 days, adding a oak incense to the atmosphere. I got a bit of it to burn away, so I am looking forward to the next bonfire to see how much I can clear out.

My neighbor just got a huge construction dumpster to haul his stuff away...he is not a big burn guy, but he did come down and enjoy my fire Saturday. If I never had to leave the house, I would love to soak the root ball in kerosene, stack all his waste on top and ignite it and let go to work. Hmmm...if I do , I will get pictures. LOL!

C'mon baby light my fire....

No comments: